1. The Library user should not engage in audible conversation in any part of the
2. A person should not write damage or mark any book belonging to the Library.
3. A person responsible for any damage caused by him/her to the book or any other
property belonging to the Library, shall be required to pay the penalty imposed
upon him/her by the Librarian.
4. The Security Guard at the library gate will check all personal belonging
including Library books issued to a member; Personal book(s) shall not be
allowed inside the Library. Please leave them at the Property Counter.
5. Use of mobile phone in the Library is prohibited strictly.
6. The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not
damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the
borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she be
held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books.
7. Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the Library is prohibited.
8. Photography is not allowed; and membership privileges of a user can be
suspended on account of misbehavior with the Library staff or for indecent
9. The case of misbehavior or discourtesy by the staff or unwillingness to provide
services are tol be reported to the Librarian or his deputy during his absence. A
member, who infringes rules, shall be liable to forfeit his privilege of admission
to and borrowing of books from the Library.
10. Silence to be maintained
11. No discussion permitted inside the library
12. Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the
13. Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken
inside the library.
14. Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or
headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
15. Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before
16. The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member
shall return the same immediately.
17. Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the
books borrowed on his/her card.
18. Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the Library is prohibited.
Admission to Library:
Students are allowed to library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity Cards.
Working Hours of the Library:
- Monday to Saturday 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM.
Circulation Issue System:
Books will be issued on presentation of the library smart card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Overdue Charges :
Books will be issued to the students for 14 days only. In the last page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged @ Re.1 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay Two half past (2.5) cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Care of library borrower cards:
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards.
Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
Loss of cards:
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian in writing. After checking the borrowing System . Admission Cell will be issued a duplicate card on a payment of Rs.100/- per card in accounts department.
Validity of cards :
Library borrower cards are valid for the respective all academic years.
No due Certificate:
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the single window after returning all the books issued, after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of Library Books:
Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
University Students can become a member of the book bank giving application, by paying membership fee of Rs. 2500 (Not Refundable) for the full duration of course. Members of the book bank will be issued 5 textbooks for each semester .Books shall be returned within two days after the theory examination, otherwise a fine of Rs.1/- per day will be charged.
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Text books reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
In these section journals, general magazines and News letter are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meant only for reference within the library.